Holy Cross High School Mission Statement
Holy Cross High School, an institution of excellence, is committed to the development of the whole person, offering comprehensive academic, social and athletic programs which are rooted in the Gospel and teaching of the Catholic Church. A Roman Catholic High School in the Diocese of Scranton, Holy Cross challenges its students to appreciate life-long learning and to develop character, leadership and integrity in a caring environment in order to promote a culture of peace, justice and service.
Holy Cross High School Belief Statements
- That the Gospel teachings of Jesus serve as the core of all religious, academic and extracurricular activities at Holy Cross High School.
- That through our Baptism we are called to share in the mission of Jesus Christ, proclaiming the Gospel, fully and actively celebrating the sacraments, and promoting a culture of life, justice and peace rooted in Christian service.
- That our Catholic faith fosters a welcoming family, faith-based environment for all people, regardless of race, creed or culture.
- That a respect for the dignity and value of self and others is essential for all growth, and that the whole person – mind, body and spirit – must be nurtured.
- That a challenging curricular program in the arts, sciences and humanities seeks to instill an appreciation for life-long learning and fosters the development of Christian leadership, character and integrity in all students.
- That our students’ diverse physical and athletic abilities be developed to their full potential.
- That family participation, along with quality education, is important for our students to achieve their full potential.